A calmer way to compare colour seasons
-
EmmaJax
A calmer way to compare colour seasons
My latest colour-season question is about Deep Summer versus Soft Winter at home. The usual palette images stop helping when the tones are close. I kept the light constant before judging any of the fabrics. I kept the setup plain by avoiding lipstick, jewellery, and busy prints. I noticed that richer colours looked striking while sometimes emphasising tired shadows. The quieter blue and berry options seemed gentler, yet I do not trust one impression. I tried to describe observable effects instead of deciding from a favourite colour. A neutral color analysis could give me another way to compare those observations before I label anything. I see online tools as prompts for observation, not as final proof. What has helped you distinguish a deep cool palette from a softer cool one? I would appreciate approaches that are realistic outside a studio. Careful observations seem more valuable to me than a fast seasonal label. I hope that a slower record will make my final comparison less influenced by mood. I would be grateful for any experience-based suggestions.
